Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Joy Challenge: Day 1~ Waking up in God’s Glory

I am in the midst of struggling with anger so I decided to take this challenge of deliberately finding Joy…so for the next 40 days I am in search of finding Joy…..

For the first time in a while I woke up with a joyful heart and was actually excited about what the day had in store….

While reading Heart To Heart With Holley, http://blog.dayspring.com/, I came across her last day of the 40 day challenge of finding Joy and my Lord knew exactly what I needed to see last night while looking through my favorite blogs.

It has been such a challenge for me to find that joy that I so desperately long for in the midst of all that is going on in my life.

God still reigns on the throne and He still is in charge of every detail of my life but I need to let Him be in charge and take over the reins….

For his anger is but for a moment,
and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
but joy comes with the morning.

    Psalm 30:5

My Joy did come in the morning just as this scripture says and my faithful Father knew what I needed!

2 comments:

C.C. and Double T said...

I found you via Holley's site (in the comments.) Hope you don't mind if I pop back in from time to time to visit. I did my own 40 day joy challenge with Holley, and it has made a world of difference in my attitude toward life. You can check it out, if you like. Just click "The Joy Challenge" on the side bar of my blog http://his-heart.blogspot.com/.

It is nice to "meet" you.

A sister in Christ,
C.C.

kellykay said...

Mrs. Laurie I really needed this tonight. I think I may just have to join ya on this!!