Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Joy Challenge: Day 7: Hope

Today was a great day! We are that much closer to seeing daddy and I am reminded by God that He is still in charge and that he will never leave me! I dropped my sweet peas off to preschool, ran errands, signed up for Curves, ate lunch with a friend at Lovin' Spoonful CafĂ© downtown and had a wonderful time….worked out for the first time in about a week (this felt great!) Off to pick up my sweet peas from preschool and run more errands.

The first being to the local Best Buy to see if I could get a plug in charger for computer (by the way that is why I didn't post these for the last couple of days, no laptop life). We I was excited to find out that I could return my other one and get a full credit YEAH! Something simple like that what is can do for your joy for the day. Well it gets better.

We go to our next stop, Sam's Club, to get the staples of our home: dog food, diapers, toilet paper and cheese. I know what a combo. Well we were completely out of 3 of the 4. The cheese was just a bonus. The shopping was not the best part but the walk to the car….We saw a rainbow and not just any rainbow but a double rainbow….It was beautiful and to see the excitement on my children's faces was priceless. In Genesis 9: 8-13, a rainbow was a sign from God that he will never send a flood to destroy all of life again. This gives us hope that even though we as a nation probably deserve this fate but God loves us and HE ultimately loved Noah to make such a promise to last eternally…

No comments: