Friday, November 13, 2009

The Joy Challenge: Day 2: Fall and all the Colors of Fall

Today I found myself thinking differently, feeling different, acting different….Could this Joy challenge really be working and could I actually be loving life again? Granted my children were going to preschool today, we got up early, already had their backpacks ready the night before, has all their clothes out and ready on their changing table, gave baths, got their favorite morning beverage ready – "hot milk" , breakfast ready and this was all before 8:00 am. Well to those of you who don't know me that is a big feat for me because I am known for being late!!!!

This is one of my favorite times of the year because of the changing leaves, the crisp air in the mornings, the smell of hot chocolate, wearing sweaters and scarves, cuddling under a blanket outside beside a bonfire, the crinkling of the leaves as you walk on them and the laughter from little ones when you throw leaves up in the air and when you get to jump in a big pile of leaves….what could be more fun than that and what could bring you more JOY?

God knew what he was doing when he made the different types of trees…He loves color just as much as we do and He knew in these cold months that color and sun do wonders for our spirits!

What is your favorite tree? I think my favorite tree has to be the maple because of how vibrant the colors of the leaves can get from bright red, to orange and yellow….what a site to see here in the hills of Tennessee. If you have never been up through Chattanooga, TN during the months of September, October and the first part of November then you need to get in your car and drive because the colors on the horizon will just take your breath away!

God gives us a beautiful canvas to look at each and every day but we must stop and "be still and know that I am God"…We are in such a hurried world that we don't take the time to see what God has provided for us even in our own backyard. A lot of times I take the simple things in life for granted and need to be reminded to slow down and look around me because I am blessed beyond words.

No comments: