Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here I am Send Me

Isaiah 8 is speaking to me more than you can even imagine. (" 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" ) I have come to the conclusion that I have been in a battle with God about what I want to do with my life. You notice I said what I want to do with my life. I know that God has plans for my life and he shares what he has for all of us in Jeremiah 29:11, "11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

He does have a plan for me and I am here saying here I am send me, just give me a time frame, so you see God is still working on me. I need to say Here I Am Send Me, with no questions asked. Do you ever struggle with this? I hope you are saying yes, and that I am not alone in this daily struggle. We all struggle with different things on a daily basis but there are answers out there: The Bible.

As I was in the office today my friend Lynne talked about if she knew the rules she would know how to play the game. That is how a lot of people feel in this life, whether it is pertaining to work, friends, family and spouses. I think we tend to change the rules in life in order to make the game more appealing and to our advantage but, yes there has to be a but, that is not how God wants us to live. He has already made the "rules" and then we either choose to live by them or not. What a coincidence because in Day 12 of my reading of One Month To Live, it speaks about the boxing ring and resolving conflicts by fighting fair. This chapter talks about fighting fair and making ground rules. In Ephesians 4:25-32 Paul tells us what the ground rules are, "25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26"In your anger do not sin"[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.
29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."


"The key is to learn to walk with Him daily. This is the real secret to reconciling, to overcoming conflict, to fighting fair:become more like Jesus. (Day 12, pg. 93)"

Whenever you have a question there is one book to go to to find the answers, The Bible. May you find yourself saying "Here I Am , Send Me".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So here I am reading this after dealing with so many things today that fall into the categories you have listed. I think right now you have to be still and listen and know He is God, He is not going to forsake you and He will carry you through all of this. I think that we try to hard to rationalize everything in our own minds with out taking the time to truly listen. It breaks my heart to see you struggling with all of this and I wish there was something I could do to comfort you.Just know I am here for whatever you need me for, to listen,to talk or just to be, not to judge but to be a friend. It will all be alright just remember to magnify your God not your problems.

I love you girl,

Destiny