Thursday, November 20, 2008

Answered Prayers

Let me take you back to the beginning of this year when Josh finally told the Army about his migraines. It came to a point that he was having them several times a week. He finally was to the point that he needed relief more than whatever the consequences were going to be. He went through a series of test and they found that he had migraines and irregular EEG's. The next step was to find out which medicine would stop the migraines. They tried several different drugs and finally found the one that worked, great! Well the down side was that the medicine that worked grounded him. The last time Josh was able to fly was April. I know that he misses flying and the feeling of being in the air but he has dealt with the fact that God has a bigger plan for his life and this was just one chapter in his book.

God has placed a passion for a non-profit organization on his heart. Mercy Aviation was born. This is a non-profit organization geared towards charter services for mission groups, disaster relief and something similar to angel flight ministries at no cost to the missionaries. I told him that I believe that God allowed him to fly so he could understand the world of aviation. Jeremiah 29:11 continues to come to mind time and time again throughout this whole process. 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, ' plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' Mercy Aviation is just a baby but we want this company to be debt free from start to finish so it is a work in progress. What a awesome day it will be when we are able to send our first group to the mission field at no cost to them.

Going back to my book of One Month to Live, Day 13 talks about the strength of sawdust. "When you put sawdust under intense heat and pressure, it becomes a solid building material known as particle board." God allows things to happen in your life to turn up the heat and pressure so we will become stronger. WOW, we have become stronger individually during this as well as a family. Communication has been such an obstacle for me to overcome and during this I have been challenged and continue to need work in this area. However with God's love, mercy and grace I will continue to improve in this area.

Now fast forward to today. Josh was going before the medical review board to find out what course of action they would take. Either to re class him or send him onto the medical evaluation board. Well he does not qualify to go to the MEB so they are going to re class him. The next step is to find a place for him, so faith comes into play. Here I am send me. That is it, no asking when or where. I trust God and his perfect time. We have been dealing with this since April, so today was a big day in the Moudy household. I know that what happened today was in God's plan. Today I released all my fears and worries into my Father's hands. It felt really good to not be in control.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow, that is some powerful stuff. Thank you I really needed to read that. I stay nervous about where Brad will be sent next and how old will our new baby be(still have a little old PTS from when he left me 6 months pregnant and did not return until our baby boy was 1). However, I need to refocus and stay focused on God's plan(not mine)!