Sunday, June 21, 2009

Following in Your Footsteps

As I was reading an article from Homelife I realize what type of man I want my little boy to grow up to be~ Godly. In the article it says,' "Manhood, as defined by the Bible, requires a man to put the needs and best interests of others before his own. It's about living sacrificially. A man uses his strength and influence to help others and defend those who cannot defend themselves. Read how manly the following verses sound and how they speak powerfully to a man's heart: "I rescued the poor...and the fatherless who had none to assist him...I made the widow's heart sing...I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame. I was father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger. I broke the fangs of the wicked and snatched the victims from their teeth" ' (Job 29:12-13, 15-17, NIV).

WOW....doesn't that just make you want to go out and search for that man right now. If we had all the men in the world like this we wold not be in the shape we are in as a country/planet! I wish I could just quote this entire article. It just really spoke to me and today being father's day it means that much more to me. It is time for all the men to rise up and be the Godly men that God has called them to be. We are following in your footsteps men, so rise up and take the oath. " In the movie Kingdom of Heaven, a dying knight speaks the following masculine challenge to his son:
Be without fear in the face of your enemies,
Be brave and upright that God may love thee,
Speak the truth even if it leads to your death,
Safeguard the helpless.
That is your oath!"


Excerpts from June 2009 HOMELIFE magazine pg. 17 "A Noble & Dangerous Man" by Rick Johnson.
"Kingdom of Heaven," directed by Ridley Scott (Twentieth Century Fox Film corp, 2005)

No comments: