Saturday, June 13, 2009

On A Journey


Life is a journey that we all must take but what journey are you taking? My days have been filled with so much chaos the last couple of weeks that I have found myself lost in the midst of my own journey. It is so amazing how God works each and everyday that if you are not paying attention sometimes you will miss the little things. I have noticed that when I do not spend quality time with God that my day does not go smoothly and I become stressed very easily. I have had a lot going on with work that it has taken away not only from my time with God but with my children. I have been short with them over little things. I always see this pattern in my life that when things get busy in one area the other areas of my life suffer and to me the most important areas of my life are God, husband and my little sweet pea and dragonfly!


I was determined today to have a good day and get out of this funk that I have been in. I had some coffee this morning, spent some time reading a study, Living Free, and then we went on a long bike ride. Thinking the bike ride would be an enjoyable event. Well event says it all. Remember that I have felt a little chaotic lately so that spilled over to my "suppose to be pleasant" bike ride. Sweet Pea and Dragonfly were whiny and I can't do whiny!@!@ They are 2 1/2 I get it but really just site back there in the doodle bug and enjoy the ride. I am the one doing all the work here is what I am thinking. Yes I know you can tell I am having a day, week, whatever.....


Get a call about the truck on the "pleasant" bike ride. He comes to take a look and says he will let me know. Days that I wish it would just sell! Called another lady who was interested but they bought something else. Hopefully this last call that I returned is the one who will by the truck.....


Wow, this journey of life is always an adventure and I will continue to keep my head up, eyes opened, ears tuned to see what God has in store for me on this daily ride.


"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

No comments: