Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Heavy heart

The past month has been so long and full of so many changes, illness, events, and just daily living. I have not been up to par for what seems like this entire deployment. Josh and I laughed about all the "silly" things that I have done:
  • fell and hit my head and hurt my thumb in the wee our of the night and had to take the monkeys with me to the ER;
  • traveled to visit family for Easter;
  • slipped on some pine straw after their preschool program so off to the doctor I went to have my foot/toe seen about which by the way still hurts and this was back in May!!!!;
  • needed my first round of antibiotics for a sinus infection and looking back now I probably needed the drugs way before May;
  • my best friend from high school got married (I was one of her bridesmaids and made the wedding cake in my dad's apartment and another friends home in Macon, GA) (side note: if you ever try to bake anything away from home just image having to bring all your cake decorating tools and then bake with 2 year old twins at your feet)
  • visited family so the monkeys could go on Mimi and Pop's boat =)
  • waiting for preschool , patiently waiting for preschool=)
  • received another round of antibiotics while in MS, still feeling pretty rough!
  • a long time friend of our family started declining (he has been battling MS for over 15 years)
  • still feeling like a truck hit me and an elephant was sitting on my face~! went back to the doctor for yet another round of antibiotics (this time with predisone and a nasal spray=( )
  • CT scan of my sinus passages to see how much fluid is still in there and if I have any polyps. uuuugggghhhh
  • now today, my uncle has passed away....I know death is part of this life but it is still hard and the human in me struggles with it but the FAITH aspect prevails! My uncle wants me to sing Amazing Grace at his funeral! I have not sung in such a long time and the last time he heard me sing was at my mom's funeral October 1999.

My heart is so heavy and I so want/need my honey at times like these but at times like these I do know that I have my Jesus to lean on to find that comfort.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

2 comments:

shelly said...

Oh Laurie!! I am sending you a big ole' hug!
would love to hear you sing~I bet it is awesome!!

kellykay said...

awww mrs laurie! I love you and I am praying for you!