Sunday, September 20, 2009

AmAzInG GrAcE

God is amazing! What a whirlwind the past month has been but God still proves to be amazing! In the midst of my daily trials and struggles, I can still find comfort in knowing that my Jesus loves me and cares what I am going through.

On Friday, I couldn't seem to get moving and get my booty in the car to travel to Mobile, Al for my uncle's funeral. This was very hard for me for a number of reasons: 1)to be honest, I was mad that I was doing this by myself and really wanted Josh to be with me, 2)tired and didn't want to travel again, 3)was just not ready to say my last goodbye to my uncle, 4) not sure how the next 24 hours was going to go....

We had a good trip and the monkeys were really good for me. We got their about 6:30 pm and went straight to the funeral home for the wake. This was hard but my uncle looked great and I know that he is not in any more pain. What a time of celebration and a time of showing others the comfort we can find in our Savior! Well off to dinner we went and then to bed. Long night with a potentially broken rib or just a really bruised rib!! That is another story....

The next morning we get ready to head to the church and it is here that I love the child like faith....As a mother I hesitated to let my children see their great-uncle lying in the casket, but death is a part of life. I explained to them that he was asleep and now with Jesus and that they were having a big party in heaven. Sydney then says "with pink balloons". I said "yes with pink balloons, Uncle Johnnie would love that". How sweet to see life through the eyes of a child. During the service, Sydney asked me "what is his name up there?" I said "you mean uncle Johnnie", she said "yes". She asked me again "what is his name up there in the bed?" How sweet is that.

I had the honor to sing "Amazing Grace" and what a chance to be a witness for God to a church full of people. This is not a time of sorrow but of rejoicing and singing for GOD! It has been 5 years since I have sung in front of a church so this is normally a very nerve racking thing for me but I could feel God's presence. I was not nervous at all and the notes came out right. As I look over to my family and see the tears in their eyes and I can rejoice in the fact that I will see my uncle again one day and will see all my family and friends again one day as long as they believe that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior!


Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,That saved a wretch like me....I once was lost but now am found,Was blind, but now, I see.
T'was Grace that taught...my heart to fear.And Grace, my fears relieved.How precious did that Grace appear...the hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares...we have already come.T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...and Grace will lead us home.
The Lord has promised good to me...His word my hope secures.He will my shield and portion be...as long as life endures.
When we've been here ten thousand years...bright shining as the sun.We've no less days to sing God's praise...then when we've first begun.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,That saved a wretch like me....I once was lost but now am found,Was blind, but now, I see.

No comments: