Friday, January 8, 2010

Quality Time

In the midst of life I stopped to have some QT with sweet pea. Well I guess I should say that since she woke up from a nap before Dragonfly we were given some QT together. We watched cartoons, laughed, cuddled and learned some new words. It was some much needed mommy/daughter time.

We have all had to make some big adjustments in this new chapter of our lives, especially the kids. Sweet Pea has asked several times about going to "her house". It just breaks my heart that she doesn't quite understand that this is "our home". She was so use to going out the front door and being able to play with her BFF, "Princess Alana".

I can now say that I have found all their clothes and shoes! What a relief! Sorry I got sidetracked! Anyway, Sweet Pea and I had more QT last night before bed. She wanted to draw pictures or rather mommy draw pictures while she instructed me as to what color to use. It was cute. She would tell me what color to make their faces, nose, eyes, and hair. We went through everyone in the family. We probably spent about an hour doing this.

Just like spending time with family, God wants us to spend quality time with him. My best time to do this is in the mornings. I just feel like my day goes so much smoother when I begin my day with God. I like to get in my father-in-laws recliner, have my cup of coffee and usually have Sweet Pea sitting right beside me (watching cartoons). This is my time to do my study and bring my day to God.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

When is the best time for you to spend QT with Jesus? Where is your favorite spot to do this?

No comments: