Saturday, January 9, 2010

Long Night....

It was a long night...sweet pea came in our room sometime in the night crying. She was warm and complaining about her stomach and her head. Amazing what a mother’s love can cure in the night. She curled up beside me and drifted off to sleep. Well not too long after dragonfly came in for some mommy time as well. My question to you is why they always seem to come to my side of the bed. Don't get me wrong I love to cuddle with them but sometimes I am so tired and to be awakened out of a deep sleep just makes for a long night. Well I put sweet pea back in her bed and dragonfly in his and you guessed it, that didn't last very long before they were back in our room and on my side of the bed. We tried this one more time until they both were fighting over cuddling with mommy.

Again I found myself laying on their floor all three of us under a big comforter. Not sure if this is a good thing but at least all of us get a good night's sleep. As long as you don't count the sore shoulders or back from lying on the floor.

Well, this morning was the same with Sweet Pea saying she wanted to go to her home and she wanted to play with "the girls." It breaks my heart to hear this from her because she doesn't quite understand. But I am delighted to hear that my BFF is going to be moving to Ft. Polk this summer. It is still 4-5 hours away but it is better than 8-9 hours away. I keep telling her that she will end up here in MS to start our own "christianway farm" so we can minister to this community. God still works in mysterious ways and still performs miracles daily.

Today we will go to cousin H birthday party at chuck e cheese. This is exciting because we have never been here for her birthday. This is one of the great things about living near family - to enjoy time with family on their birthdays. Happy Birthday H.

That is all for now, I hope that you have a great day and make new memories.

Share about your long nights,
what makes for a long night at your house?

No comments: