Friday, December 11, 2009

Faithful Even When We are Faithless

It has been almost a month since my last post. Life just seemed to stop when my husband returned home from Afghanistan. It is hard to stay in your routine that you have had for almost a year when your other half comes home. It is such an adjustment when you have another adult living in your "our" home. So I am going to try really, really hard to start writing ever day after my quiet time.

I am in week 6 of my Beth Moore Study Esther, It's Tough Being a Woman and this is the most intense study that I have taken thus far. I have taken other Beth Moore studies and this one has challenged me spiritually and mentally as a wife, mother and a woman. Today Beth brought up 2 Timothy 2: 13, but I feel we must see the whole context of this scripture so let's back up to verse 11 "Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him;'" if we endure, we will also reign with him." If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself", isn't this wonderful to hear because if you are anything like me my faith is not evident in my life every day. I have days where I think I give it over to the Lord but then I dwell on the matter that I just gave to Him.

My husband, Josh, and I just talked about this on Monday in relation to our upcoming move to Hattiesburg, MS. I tend to bring a lot of undue stress on myself because I am a procrastinator, CAN YOU RELATE? I like to think it is because of my free spirit but it is because I am distracted by so many things going on around me and I want to do it when I want to do it, just selfish if the truth be known. I know none of you out there are like that, ahem. No matter what I do or don't do God is still Faithful. What a comforting thought to know that He is still Faithful, in the midst of my faithlessness. God gives us encouragement to be Faithful in His word. We I need to be reminded of this daily and to spend that quiet time with my Lord on a daily basis. When I do this I am being filled up with the Holy Spirit and it becomes easier for me to be faithful in this faithless world.

No comments: