Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Running....

I was reading a friends blog and then found my way to the R3 site and looked over the times for the 4th annual R3 run. I so long to have that desire to run again and actually enjoy it and not think the whole time- how much longer. Running is challenging, a total body workout, a great stress relief, time to think, have that "me" time, and so many other things but , yes a but, but why can't I seem to get excited about it. I see people running and think "I can do that", "I want to do that", "what great shape I would be in if I would do that...", uuuggghhh! Then as I looked down the page of the running results to look at each category, I see people in their 50's, 60's an 70's running and with awesome times! Yes a man who is 71 ran the 5K in 30:33! Wow!!!! I can only hope to be in that great of shape to be exercising much less running at the age of 71. Okay I only have 34 years to train to that point! hahaha, okay my goal this week is to head to the R3 store and get some new running shoes (ones that the Velcro will not keep coming off)(my old running shoes are about 3 years old so it is time! Check back and see if I actually accomplished this or not and see where these running shoes will take me.....

No comments: