Sunday, December 7, 2008

GPS

I was getting ready this morning for my open house and thought I would take a few things with me: my open house basket which is filled with balloons, scissors, curling ribbon, candles, pens, open house sign in sheets, business cards and info on the house as well as my phone and a book (just in case no one shows up because it is toooooooo cold outside). As I was at my open house (waiting for the crowds to come through) I did some calculating of the homes in the neighborhood to get the price per square foot and made a few business related calls. Still no one, I decided to read in my One Month to Live book, yep I am still reading it and I probably should be done by now but obviously I am not....today was about your GPS (Global Positioning System). Not sure about you but I don't have one of these useful tools in my car and so wished I did at times. Anyway, I am rambling....

What do you use as your daily GPS - daily reading of a devotion book, daily time reading your bible, reading the paper, watching the news, listening to the radio, or nothing at all just hoping your day goes good. In today's reading it talks about GPS-Our gifts, our passions and our struggles. God has given each of us a gift to use to glorify Him and when we are using our gifts it brings a smile to His face. These are considered spiritual gifts. And yes we all have spiritual gifts, you just have to figure out what it is. What do you do well? Ask your friends what they think your gifts may be. "We find our place and purpose in life when we discover our passion." Second God gives us a passion/desire. What is the desires of your heart? I believe these desires are put in your life for a reason and at just the right time, so you can bring glory to Him. God gives us a gift to use and he gives us a passion to pursue. If you don't know what your true passion is, take notice of what you get caught up in during the day or week, that you just can't seem to get enough of and truly enjoy what you are doing. Ah ha, your passion. I love baking and someday want to have a bakery/coffee shop. When His children are happy, He is happy; just as when you have children, you are happy when they are happy. Lastly our God is a loving God and knows the importance of struggles. We don't always enjoy these struggles but we learn to depend on Him. I can sure vouch for that the past few months. I have surely been turning to God more and more and during these struggles and finding out more about myself. God uses these struggles, not only to make us stronger, to encourage us to turn to Him and to help others who may be experiencing the same things. Don't hide your life so others can't learn from you. 'Dr. Seus once said, "Be who you are because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Our greatest pleasure in life often comes from serving others, from giving them what no one else can provide in that exact time and place, whether it's a hot meal, a kind word, a listening ear, or a strong shoulder. We must be willing to be guided bu the One who knows us best.' (day17 pg 132).

Use your GPS daily to find your way through this wonderful life. Blessings to all.

No comments: